Barbecues, fireworks and hot dogs: there’s lots to love about the 4th of July. While Independence Day is a celebration for all Americans, it also presents a unique opportunity for small business owners.
Last year the average American consumer planned to spend $75 in the lead up to the fourth of July. And only a quarter of these sales were on patriotic purchases to showcase shoppers’ American pride. This leaves a large part of the pie for all businesses to grab a slice of regardless of what they sell.
In order to maximize your sales during holiday, you’ll need to utilize email marketing. Not only is it the most profitable digital marketing channel, but it’s also one of the best ways to keep in touch with your customers.
To make sure that your emails stand out in your subscribers’ inboxes, and that people will open them, you’ll need some great subject lines. This is particularly important as 35% of people base their decision whether or not to open an email solely on its subject line.
So to give you and your store the best chance at making sales this 4th of July, we’ve curated this list of 44 subject lines. Feel free to use them yourself or as inspiration when coming up with your own.
General 4th of July Email Subject Lines
- Celebrate Freedom & Independence with these Savings
- 4th of July Sale Starts Now!
- Create the Perfect 4th of July Weekend
- Mouthwatering Deals for Independence Day
- Up to 50% Off In Celeration of America!
- Land of the Free, Home of the Sales
- Bring out the fireworks: Our 4th of July sale will get you fired up!
- Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Savings
- Celebrate Your Independence
- 40% Off for Our 4th of July Sale
- 4 Special Offers for Independence Day
- Oh Say Can You Save
- Our Special Red White and Blue Collection
- Independence Day Savings
- Celebrate the 4th of July with FREE SHIPPING
- Our 4th of July Sale is in its Final Days
- Last Chance: Independence Day Savings End Soon!
- Get Those Fireworks Ready – This Sale is Going Off!
- 4 Days of Savings for the 4th of July!
- Enjoy this 4th of July with our special offers
- By the Dawn’s Early Light
- Start Your 4th of July with a Bang
- Go Fourth in Red White & Savings
- Shop Our Independence Day Sale
- Celebrate All Things America with these Savings
- Check out our 4th of July Savings
- It’s On: Our July 4 Sale
- We’ve Saved Our Best Deals for the 4th of July
- We’re Having a Savings Celebration this July 4!
- As American As Apple Pie
- Enjoy Your Freedom to Save
4th of July Subject Lines Mentioning Free Shipping
- Free Shipping this Independence Day Weekend
- Celebrate America with Free Shipping
- Free Shipping Right Thru to the 4th of July
- Our Fourth of July Deals Now Ship Free
- Free Shipping on all 4th of July Holiday Themed Items
- Order Before the 4th of July and Receive Free Shipping!
- FREE SHIPPING this Independence Day Only
Independence Day Subject Lines with Emojis
- 🇺🇸 Independence Day Sale 🇺🇸
- Celebrate Liberty with these Savings 🗽
- All Things American On Sale! 🏈🍺
- 40% Off This 4th of July 🇺🇸
- Check out our Fourth of July Savings 🎇
- Fire up your BBQs! 🌭🇺🇸
The Rest of Your 4th of July Email Campaign
You now have plenty of Independence Day email subject lines to choose from or get inspired by.
You might now find yourself in the position of having to decide which subject line you want to use. Luckily, SmartrMail has A/B testing so you can try out different subject lines and see which delivers the best open rates. This is available to all users and we have a detailed guide on how to use A/B testing too.
If you’re looking for more general subject line tips, we also have a guide on how to write subject lines. This includes the best practices when coming up with a subject line to get the best open rate possible.
The only thing that’s left is to actually create and send emails to your list!