What’s the most important part of your Easter email marketing campaign?
The call to action? The email design? How about the copy?
All of these things are undoubtedly important, but most of the time they won’t even matter if you don’t get your subject line right.
Why? Because a third of your email list decides to open your email or not entirely on your subject line.
That’s why we’ve curated this list of over 100 Easter subject lines from past email campaigns. To help give your Easter email campaign the best chances of success. So feel free to use them as inspiration for your own subject lines.
COVID-19 Easter Email Subject Lines
There’s no denying that the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic is having an impact on how brands adjust their email marketing.
When it comes to your subject line, it’s probably best to play it safe this Easter by not encouraging gatherings or anything that goes against public health advice.
In that spirit, here are some subject lines Brands have sent for this Easter that address the pandemic.
- 🐇🌷 [name] you can still enjoy an amazing Easter at home! 🍗🍽 – Save On Foods
- 🐰 Enjoy your Easter Staycation with RACO + 20% Off Sitewide 🐰 – RACO
- Buy online, stay safe and save £20 on New Styles with our Easter Offers! – Wider Fit Shoes
- #StaySafe! Shop all you need to make Easter at Home memorable – Jumia
- Easter in Quarantine: 10 Ideas to Celebrate Meaningfully at Home – Compassion International
Read more: Email marketing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Early Easter Email Subject Lines
It’s always good not to leave things until the last day to send your email.
By getting your Easter email out early, you’ll have a better chance of getting people’s attention before their inboxes become flooded with all your competitors’ emails.
- Early Access To Our Easter Sale 🌿 The Spring Issue – Content Beauty & Wellbeing
- 25% off everything – your early Easter treat. – Hobbs
- Shop early for your Easter essentials – Bunnings Warehouse
- The Easter bunny is arriving early…10% OFF + FREE gift – Madeleine Fashion
- As Easter approaches, we have special savings for you – Wex Photographic
- Early Easter SAVINGS Sale! Extra 40% OFF! – Southern Marsh
Announcing a Sale
If you’re going to have an Easter sale, you’ll want to announce it to your subscribers. Which means you’ll want to include it in your subject line.
- 🐰 Hop to it… our Easter Sale is here – up to 40% off* – Silver Cross Australia
- NOW LIVE: Easter Sale 2020—Up to 77% off Citizen, Chopard & much more – Jomashop
- Get Up To 50% OFF – Easter Sale On NOW – Amart Furniture
- Our Easter Sale is now on! – BT Shop
- Easter Showbags Are Now Online – Rivers
- Our Egg-citing Easter Sale Event Starts Today – Lighting Direct
- Cracking Easter Offers Now Available! – Lyco UK
- 🎉 Easter SALE Starts Today!🎉 – ProCook
- Easter Greetings: VIP Access to our Seasonal Sale 🐤 – Interiors Online
- Easter Sale is Live Now! Get 30% Off Storewide – Elite Sports
- The Easter Sale starts today! – Orvis
Sale Subject Lines
You shouldn’t go quiet after announcing your sale. By sure to follow up with at least one extra email reminding people of your sale.
- Easter Sale – Save up to 30% – 7 days only – MILK Books
- 👍 Get An EXTRA 20% OFF These Easter Approved Styles! Sale Ends Soon, Hurry! – Heidi Daus
- Cop up to 50% off with our Easter Offers! 🐣 – JD Sports Fashion
- Easter Extravaganza Sale – Up To 68% OFF! – Swords Swords
- Looking for an Easter treat? | Save up to 58% – Gifts to You
- Easter Sale: 80% OFF +Extra 10% Off – Romwe
- Spring pieces you’ll love + Easter offers up to 70% off – Secret Sales
- Hop to the sale! Up to 50% off Easter Treasures – Uno Alla Volta
- 20% OFF: Fill your basket with Easter deals! – ProFlowers
- Easter Sale | Save Up To $40 On Skincare! – Skin Care by Alana
- Any bunny want to save $20? – Chadwicks
- 50% off on all shoes | 48h Easter Treat – Odd Molly
- Easter Sale | Take a further 20% off sale items – StyleTread
- Our Biggest Easter Offer Ever! – Muvi
- Easter is this Sunday! Pick Your Promo! – Cookies by Design
When it comes to sale events, a lot of people want to know about how they’re going to get their orders. Especially if you’re selling online.
If you’re sweetening the deal with free delivery, mention this in your subject line. You can also include your shipping deadline for delivery before Easter to instill a sense of urgency and get people to open your email straightaway.
- Order for Easter with FREE Delivery – Giordano’s Pizza
- Guaranteed delivery for Easter ends Wednesday 2pm EST – 1800 Bakery
- Get Hopping for Easter Delivery – The Swiss Colony
- Order by 3pm PT for Easter Delivery! 🚚 – M&M’s
- Extra 25% off during Easter Sale! Plus Free 2 Day Shipping! – Tennis Express
- The best Easter treats, shipped right to your doorstep! – Harvard Sweet Boutique
- Hop to It! Get it by Easter with 2-Day Shipping. – Paper Source
- ⌛Final 2 Days for Easter Delivery – D’Artagnan
- Easter Shipping Deadline is Coming ⏰ – Dana’s Bakery
As your Easter sale comes to a close, it’s worthwhile sending a final, last chance email. This creates a sense of urgency as shoppers don’t want to miss out on a deal.
- Last chance for free Easter delivery! – Ethel M Chocolates
- THIS IS IT – Last Day for shipping by Easter – Peeps and Company
- Ends tomorrow: $5 Expedited Shipping for Easter – Lovepop
- Time’s Running Out! Order Easter Gifts in Time for Sunday. – Paper Source
- Last Day for Expedited Easter Delivery – Wisconsin Cheeseman
- Easter sales are hopping away this evening. Hurry! – Party Lite
- Our Easter Sale Ends Today! – Christmas Central
- Last Day for 15% Off + Free Shipping by Easter! – Fairytale Brownies
- Ends at Noon! FREE Upgrade for Guaranteed Easter Delivery – Hale Groves
- One day left! Have everything for Easter delivered with $9.99 shipping. – Harry & David
- FINAL HOURS for Easter Delivery! – Jackson & Perkins
- 50% off is hoppin’ away in just hours. – Lane Bryant
- Wait, is it Easter already? How to get top-notch hot cross buns delivered asap – Time Out
- Easter Hampers, last chance to order TODAY – The East India Company
- Hours Left! Order by 1pm ET for Delivery in time for Easter. – GODVIA
Subject Lines with Emoijs
Adding an emoji to your subject line is a great way to make it stand out in people’s inboxes.
When it comes to Easter emails, the most popular emoji choice by far is the hatching chick (🐣).
In line with Easter-themed emails, a bunny (🐰) and egg (🥚) are also popular choices. To give your email an even better chance at standing out, trying using other emojis related to the broader idea of spring and new life, such as a flower (🌸).
Below are some examples of subject lines that have used emojis in the past.
- Make the best of your Easter! 🌸 – Don Roberto Jewelers
- Enjoy Easter at home and cooking memorable recipes! 🍴🌷 – The Spice & Tea Exchange
- Our Sweetest Selection this Easter 🐰 Jewellery Gift Ideas For You – Embella Jewellery
- 🥚Egg-clusive Easter Sale – up to 40% OFF 🥚 – Ben Sherman
- Hop to it! Find Easter savings for every bunny 🐰 – Coupons.com
- Chirping For Easter Flowers and Gifts 💐🐤 – 1300 Flowers
- Easter Dresses Just in Time! Shop Now for 15% Off + Free Shipping 🌸 🌷 – DM Fashion
- Artsy Easter! 🎨 – Sleek Magazine
- 30% off – An Easter gift from us! 🎁 – Beko
- Easy For Easter 👉 Gift Cards [Save $25] – Yard Freaks
- Peep This! 🐣 Suh-weet Easter Basket Treats – Pure Bar
- 🐰🎁 Easter Bunny Bonus Gift With Purchase – Spellbinders
- 🌷 It’s Easter Basket Time! 🌷 – Carabello Coffee
- 25% OFF our EASTER collection 🐇 – Itty Bitty Toes
- Easter Sale 🥕🐰 30% Off Site wide 🐰🥕 – Indie and Harper
- 🐇 Easter Deals Inside! 🐣 – Canvas Champ
- Gear Up in Time for Easter 🐣 – Got Vape
- 🥰 Want To Save An EXTRA 20% For Easter? – Heidi Daus
- 🐰 Easter At Home | Online Courses To Egg-Cite – Buy A Gift (UK)
- Last Chance 🐰 Mega Easter Sale – Oobi Baby
- ⌛ Final hours for free shipping on custom Easter gifts ⌛ – Ethel M Chocolates
- 🐰Sweet Treats and Easter Essentials – Woodman’s
- An Easter surprise is waiting for you! 🥚 – Oatbox
- Save BIG on Easter gifts! 🐰 – Poo-Pourri
- 🌷 Keep Easter Blooming With Up To 40% Off 🌷 – ProFlowers
- Put a smile on their face this Easter 🐣 – Marisota
- Last Chance for Easter 🐰 – Jacques Torres Chocolate
- Are you ready?! For our 2020 Easter Collection 🌸 – BaxterBoo
Read more: Guide to including emojis in your subject line.
General Subject Lines
If you’re still looking for some ideas or inspiration, here are some general, all-purpose Easter subject lines that might fit your needs.
- Because the Easter Bunny’s still hoppin’ – Baskin-Robbins
- Our Easter Treat For You – Katies
- Celebrate Easter anywhere with gifts for every budget. – Venus et Fleur
- A Special Sale For The Love Of Easter – Love Shack Fancy
- Don’t miss out on these egg-cellent Easter sweets! – Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
- Easter baskets are here for a limited time!! – Nfinity Athletic
- Happy Easter Lift Up Some Bunnies Spirits – Fashionable Canes
- Canned Tuna Recipes We Need Right Now + 75 Easter Faves – Food Network Favorites
- Easter Made Easy for Your Family – Allrecipes
- Easter baskets for the family starting at $1. – Dollar General
- Celebrate Easter with those you love – Day’s Jewelers
- Cheerful decor ideas for Easter at home – Tulip Color
- Making the most of Easter at home – Marks & Spencer
- Build the Perfect Easter Basket! – Rare Device
- Make The Most Of Easter – Hunter Boot
- Indulge yourself this Easter – Anya Hindmarch
- Brighten up somebody’s Easter with Bloom – Bloom
- Easter Baskets & Eggs Sure to Warm Hearts – Chelsea Market Baskets
- The Easter Gift Guide – Zoo Fashions
- Sharing Easter Memories – La-Z-Boy
- Easter EATertainment at home – Cadbury
- Get your Easter dress fix – Wallis Fashion
- Bundles of Easter Fun! – Blue Diamond
- Easter holiday looks – Rodebjer
- Make Easter Even Sweeter – Eddie V’s Prime Seafood
- Hilariously we nearly forgot about Easter – but worry not! – My Small World Toy Store
- Crack Open Easter Savings Before They’re GONE! – My Name Necklace
- Are you ready for Easter? – Lindt
- Did Some Bunny Say Easter? – Goodsey
- Easter Gifting – Free Gift With Purchase! – Keeneland
- Your Easter weekend sorted – Oliver Sweeney
- A new dish for a delicious Easter – Soulara
Your own Easter email
Having gone through over 100 Easter subject lines, you should have plenty of ideas in mind.
You might even have multiple ideas that you want to try.
Luckily, SmartrMail has A/B testing tools which make trying out multiple subject lines easy. You can start A/B testing emails you send with SmartrMail right now by starting a 15-day free trial.
If you find yourself wanting more help with writing subject lines, we’ve also got a detailed guide that includes email marketing tips on using call-to-actions, subject line length and more.
Best of luck with your email campaign!