With Black Friday and Cyber Monday behind us, it’s time to turn our attention to Christmas shoppers.
And as with the BFCM weekend, growing your Christmas sales will mean harnessing the power of email marketing. While this means putting effort into your email design and content, ultimately what will play a large part in the success of your campaigns is your subject line.
In fact, a third of your subscribers base their decision whether or not to open an email based solely on its subject line.
So with this in mind, we’ve created this list of over 100 Christmas subject lines for your upcoming email marketing campaigns. Feel free to use any of them yourself or as inspiration when coming up with your own!
General Christmas Subject Lines
Looking for a solid all purpose subject line that you can use for holiday and Christmas season? Try out some of these examples.
- Sleigh your Christmas list with these gifts
- Christmas Deals Hot Enough To Warm Up Jack Frost
- Add a bit of joy to your holidays with these deals
- Get on top of your holiday shopping with our gift guide
- Have you been naughty or nice this year?
- Season’s Greetings From…
- Beat the holiday rush with these early offers
- Give the perfect Christmas gifts this year
- See What Santa’s Stocking Up On This Year
- Treat yourself to something special this holiday season
- One click to become the best St. Nick
- Happy Holidays From…
- Get your shopping sorted with these gift ideas
- We’re feeling very merry
- 12 Days of Christmas Savings Starts Now!
- It’s time to get festive!
- It’s starting to feel a lot like Christmas
- We have a gift for everyone on your list
- Happy Holidays this Festive Season
- Deck the halls with these savings
- Guaranteed Pre-Christmas Delivery
- Essentials Everyone Should Have On Their Christmas List
- Shop Where Santa Shops
- Prepare for the silly season
- Our Christmas Giftorium Is Open
- No Chimney? No Problem. We Have You Sorted
- Stress-Free Holiday Shopping!
- Awesome Gift Ideas for Xmas
- All She Wants For Christmas
- Unique Gifts For Everyone On Your List
Subject Lines Mentioning Your Holiday Offer
Wanting to entice more people to open your email by highlight your Christmas offer? Check out these examples that you can easily use as a template.
- Wrap up your Christmas shopping with free shipping!
- Spoil yourself with our 2-for-1 deal this Christmas
- 25% Off Storewide – It’s a Christmas Miracle!
- Free Shipping Until December 25th!
- Up to 40% off our Christmas Sale
- Jingle All The Way With 25% Off
- We’ve Saying Goodbye To Shipping Fees – Our Christmas Gift To You
- 50% Off Flash Sale: Happy Holidays!
- Buy One, Get One Half Price Before Christmas
- Christmas Sale: 20% Off Store Wide
- Open to receive your Christmas gift from us
- Don’t Miss Our December Sale: Up to 70% Off!
- Our Christmas Deal: 15% Off Storewide
- 30% All Christmas Gift Items!
- ONE DAY ONLY – 25% Off – Guaranteed Pre-Christmas Delivery
Last Minute Subject Lines
Whether you’ve put off sending your Christmas email to the last minute, or have a last minute email scheduled targeting procrastinators, create a sense of urgency with these subject lines.
- Last Chance For Guaranteed Delivery Before Christmas!
- Only 7 More Sleeps ‘Til Christmas!
- The Ultimate Last Minute Guide To Holiday Shopping
- New Arrivals Just In Time For Christmas
- Order By Tomorrow | Get It By Christmas Day
- Keep Calm – We Have Express Shipping
- Last Chance: Christmas Shipping Deadline Is Tomorrow
- You Can Still Get It In Time For Christmas!
- OH NO: Christmas Is Just 1 Week Away!
- Order by 5pm TODAY for Christmas delivery!
- Don’t Panic! There’s Still A Few More Days of Christmas Shopping Left
- There’s still time…
- What are you wanting for? Christmas is next week!
- Still Searching For A Gift? We Have You Sorted
- This is your last chance…
Merry Christmas Email Subject Lines
If you want to mention Merry Christmas in your subject line, try out some of these examples.
- Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
- Celebrate a Merry Christmas with these Savings
- Have A Very Merry Christmas With These Specials
- Merry Christmas from …
- It’s Our Very Merry Christmas Sale
- Savings to make this your most Merry Christmas yet!
- Looking forward to having a Merry Christmas?
- Say Merry Christmas With These Gifts
- Merry Christmas to all our customers
- Our End Of Year Sale. Our Way Of Saying Merry Christmas
Happy Holidays Subject Lines
Don’t limit yourself to only consumers who celebrate Christmas though. This time of year is a festive season for people of many different faiths and traditions.
- Happy Holidays and Joyous New Year!
- Enjoy our Happy Holidays sale!
- Have a Happy Holiday with our End Of Year Sale
- Season’s Greeting & Happy New Year!
- Get in the festive mood with our holiday sale
- Spread Happiness This Holiday Season
- Happy Holidays from all of us at …
- Happy Hanukkah!
- It’s Here! Shop Our Happy Holidays Shop
- It’s the Happiest of all Holidays
Subject Line Examples With Emojis
A surefire way to make your emails stand out in subscribers’ inboxes is to include an emoji in the subject line. Just don’t go overboard with them though.
- Gifts To Rival Santa’s 🎅
- It’s time to be festive! 🎄
- Mrs. Claus’ Gift Recommendations 🤶
- 🚚 Free Delivery For Christmas
- Christmas is coming! 🎁🎄
- Shop Our Winter Wonderland ⛄️❄️
- Final Countdown To Christmas Is On! ⏰
- 🎁Our Christmas Gift-Guide Is Here 🎁
- 40% Off Christmas Best Sellers ⚡️
- Escape the winter weather this Christmas ⛄️
- Have You Been Naughty Or Nice? 😈😇
- Sleigh Bells Are Ringing 🔔
- Escape Winter These Holidays ✈️
- Celebrate Christmas and the New Year In Style 🎉
- Searching for the perfect gift? 🔎
Christmas In July Subject Lines
If you’re celebrating Christmas in July, then these subject lines are going to be more relevant for you.
- Christmas In July? Yes Please
- Shop Our Christmas In July Sale
- Christmas + July = The Perfect Combination
- Our Christmas In July Sale Is Now On!
- ☀️➕🎅= Christmas In July!
- Sun, Surf, and Santa
- It’s a tropical Christmas!
- Get Ready For Our Christmas In July Sale!
- Christmas In July? Because Why Not?
- Summer and Christmas. Two of the best things together.
Next Steps For Your Christmas Email Marketing
Now that you have plenty of inspiration for your Christmas email subject lines, it’s time to choose which you’ll go with!
If you find that now the challenge is choosing which one to use, you should consider A/B testing a couple of options. This lets you send whichever one performs that best ensuring that you get the best open rates for your emails. We also have a guide on A/B testing subject lines too.
If you’re also looking for some inspiration for the content of your email, check out our list of Christmas email campaigns here.
Best of luck for your holiday email marketing!