The holiday season is quickly approaching and it’s time for ecommerce retailers to start preparing for their busiest months of the year. Although it might be seem early to start preparing in October, 49% of e-Commerce marketers will have created and launched a holiday marketing campaign before Halloween.
As an ecommerce retailer you have to be excited when the days from Black Friday through Christmas pull in 50-100% more revenue compared to shopping days throughout the rest of the year. According to Shopify, some retailers make up to 40% of their revenue during the holiday quarter.
On the otherhand you must be panicking when all this success requires many hours of preparation and optimization on email, social, and other marketing channels.
To help ease the pain and kickstart your preparation, we’ve put together a printable ecommerce holiday calendar that includes all important e-commerce sales dates along with some ecommerce marketing tips.
We’ve also listed some quick ecommerce email marketing tips below:
- Email your list regularly during the couple weeks leading up to Black Friday with details on how they can save.
- Segment your email list by: holiday buyers, active buyers, no-purchase subscribers. Tailor the frequency of your emails based on your customers’ past purchase frequency.
- Only choose 2-4 holidays to base major campaigns on. There is an ecommerce holiday almost every week during the last two months of the year. Don’t shy away from smaller holidays as you’ll be faced with less competition in comparison to major sales days.
- DO NOT SKIP CYBER MONDAY! In the US, Cyber Monday became the biggest U.S. online shopping day ever with close to 2.3 billion dollars in online spending.
- Send multiple emails to active and holiday buyers on major sales days. Create urgency with a countdown as you’re jostling for attention with every retailer on the internet.
- Ensure your emails and checkout process are mobile responsive. Last holiday season, 45% of all online traffic to retail sites and apps came from smartphones and tablets.
- Add delivery estimates to your promotional and transactional emails. 50% of shoppers abandoned carts that did not give an estimate on delivery during the holiday season.
Ready to prepare your holiday email marketing campaigns? Get started with SmartrMail on your Shopify or BigCommerce store! Automate product recommendation emails in minutes and compose manual emails 5x faster than with MailChimp and Klaviyo competitors.