Cinco de Mayo is coming up soon on the 5th of May.
And if you’re planning on sending an email newsletter or campaign for the occasion, then you’ll want to give it a compelling subject line.
Why? Because a third of your email list decides whether to open your email based entirely on its subject line.
So to help inspire you with coming up with your own subject lines, we’ve put together this list of 50 of the best Cinco de Mayo subject lines from previous years.
Cinco de May email subject line examples
- What’s the True Meaning of Cinco De Mayo? – Wanderer Bracelets
- Ready for Cinco de Mayo happy hour? – Ted Baker
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with us! – Funny Fur
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration Time! – Allivet
- ¡Happy Cinco de Mayo! – Grand Trunk
- Fiesta! (then siesta) – Maisonette
- did someone say fiesta? – Spearmint Love
- A Cinco de Mayo Party to Remember – sugarfina
- Capture the Spirit of Cinco de Mayo – Lenox
- Rock your Cinco de Mayo at home! – Big Lots
- Cinco De Mayo The Fourth Be With You – Cotton Bureau
- Last Call for Cinco de Mayo Orders! – Green Mill
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with our at-home guide – Red Tag Vacations
- Explore Mexico this Cinco de Mayo – Great Value Vacations
- Holy Guacamole! It’s A Cinco de Mayo Fiesta! – Lowes Foods
- The best place to celebrate Cinco de Mayo… – ABC Carpet & Home
Subject lines with emojis
Adding an emoji to your subject line is a great way to make it stand out in people’s inboxes and improve your open rates. Just as the examples below have done.
- 🎊 Save A CINCO! – Rock ‘Em
- We’ve got your Cinco de Mayo plans covered 🎉 – Taco Bell
- Happy Cinco de Mayo 🎉 – Knours
- 🔥Extra 55% off any item is one spicy deal🔥 – King Size Direct
- Cinco de Mayo Savings 🎸 Everything $5 or less + $5 OFF + $5 Shipping – HorseLoverZ
- 🎉 Cinco de Mayo $5 Download Fiesta 🎉 – TrueFire
- 🎉 Open For A Fiesta! 🎉 30% OFF SITEWIDE – HoneyBum
- 🌮Start the fiesta with $12 off! – seamless
- FIESTA FAVES 💃 – Dynamite
- How does Postmates do Cinco de Mayo? 🌵🌮 – Postmates
- Happy Cinco de Mayo 🌶 FREE SHIPPING Today Only – Armani Exchange
- 💃 Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with an extra 5% off 💃 – Ashley Homestore
- 🇲🇽 Cinco de Mayo! – Hatland
- Happy Cinco De Mayo! 💚💛❤️ – ModLi
Learn more about using emojis in subject lines here.
Subject lines mentioning a sale
Holding a sale on Cinco de Mayo is a popular way for many brands to celebrate the holiday.
Because the holiday is all about the 5th of May, you’ll often see offers like $5 or 5% off to stay on the theme of number five. That said, many merchants will opt for more enticing offers as some of the subject lines below show.
- Today Only: $5 Styling Fee for Cinco De Mayo💰 – Bombfell
- Cinco de mayo discount you don’t want to miss – GLF Cosmetics
- Starts Now: Cinco de Mayo SAVINGS – Hollar
- Shop & Save with our Cinco de Mayo Sale! – The Beauty Place
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta – 20% Off – Tattoo Golf
- Here’s $50 to Celebrate Cinco De Mayo – Tani
- LIMITED TIME: $5 Off For Cinco De Mayo! – PacSun
- Last Chance: Cinco de Mayo Deal Ends at Midnight! – Corona Cigar Co.
- Don’t Miss Our Cinco De Mayo Sale – Lang
- Too much fiesta-ing? Get $12 off! – GrubHub
- We packed our piñata with $5 minis…take a swing! – H2O+ Beauty
- Get early access to our Cinco de Mayo sale! – Weight Watchers
- Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with Mucho Savings! – What on Earth
- Taco bout Cinco de Mayo savings! – Gordmans
Examples mentioning food or drinks
Eating and drinking are often closely associated with Cinco de Mayo events. This makes the holiday particularly appealing if you sell any food or drinks.
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with 20% off ALL Mexican beer & tequila 🍹 – Liquor Depot
- 🍹 cheers to cinco de mayo (delicious offer inside) – philosophy
- Let’s Make Cinco de Mayo Delicious – Crock Pot
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo Through Cuisine – The Spice House
- Uno, Dos, Tres FREE Meals for Cinco De Mayo 🌶 – Goodfood Market
- Free tacos for Squeak-o de Mayo! – Bark Shop
The rest of your email marketing campaign
You should now hopefully have plenty of subject line inspiration for your Cinco de Mayo campaigns.
For more help with writing subject lines, check out our guide on writing subject lines here which covers tips on aspects like using call-to-actions, optimal character length, and more.
But there’s obviously more to an email campaign than just its subject line.
If you’re looking for inspiration for the content of your emails as well, check out our collection of Cinco de Mayo email examples here.