Sending email newsletters and automations to your customers is a great way to generate more sales for your fashion store.
Not only is email marketing the most effective digital marketing channel, beating out social media and other paid channels, but email lets you communicate directly with your customers.
That said, for your fashion or clothing store’s email marketing to be effective, you need people to open your emails.
And the biggest factor influencing your open rate for a particular email campaign is its subject line. So much so that a third of your email list decides whether to open your email or not based entirely on its subject line.
That’s why we’ve put together this list of 100 subject lines the top fashion brands have used in the past.
So whether you struggle with writing catchy email subject lines or are just looking for some inspiration, these examples are sure to help you boost your open rate.
The best fashion subject lines
General newsletter examples
These are good, general subject line examples that you could easily adapt for your upcoming fashion or clothing newsletter.
- Wearable memories start with details – Tommy Hilfiger
- What’s up, shorties? – Hollister Co.
- Top Styles of the Week – Forever 21
- We Know What Your Closet Needs – boohoo
- Support sustainability with the new Emporio Armani capsule collection – Emporio Armani
- Going Coastal – Travis Mathew
- MEET CELESTE. OUR WHITE SHIRT CAMPAIGN AMBASSADOR – Witchery
- stylish maternity and postpartum basics – Spearmint Ventures
- Find Your Fave – Vans
- 100s of 5-star reviews can’t be wrong… – Express
- This Shirt? – Ben Sherman
- We’ve Got IV Reasons to be Excited About Tomorrow – Reebok
- Make a choice that makes a difference to our oceans – Adidas
- Relax in Style – Citizens of Humanity
- Hurry! Open for your exclusive treat! – Sheln
- Knits to Love – Bardot
- Join us on safari – Boden
- Let’s Keep This Shorts – Bestseller
- Your favorite shirt has a new secret… – Chico’s
- Work pants packed with lightweight tech. – Timberland
- For hanging poolside – United By Blue
- Your First Pair Risk Free – Knix Wear
- We Know Sports Bras – Title Nine
- Pack light and bright – Trunk Club
- Weekend trend: utilitarian edge – Trunk Club
- COLOUR THE WORLD – P.E. Nation
Subject lines with emojis
Adding an emoji to your subject line is a great way to make it stand out in people’s inboxes and get your emails opened. Just like the examples below have done.
- ❗ LAST CHANCE to Unlock Your Mystery Offer ❗ – Ashley Stewart
- OMG! 😍 These are the prettiest sandals! 🙌👡 From $12.99 – Rainbow Shops
- Want To Win a $500 CK Voucher? 💸 – Culture Kings
- FINAL DAYS ⏰ Your Mystery Discount ends soon! – City Beach
- EXTRA 25% OFF*. YES to all of this 👀 – General Pants
- Say goodbye to 20% Off $65 👋 – Forever 21
- 🌴 Fresh Finds – Tillys
- calling all hopeless romantics 💕 – Red Dress Boutique
- 👉 Your Weekly Personalized Styles – Zumiez
- A sunny chance for romance ☀️ – Free People
- 💦 Make a SPLASH in these! – carter’s
- We Got Your Back 😘 – Charlotte Russe
- What Offer Will You Get❓ – boohoo
- The footwear edit is here 👟 – The Iconic
- 🌸 FLORAL DRESSES | Starting At $8 🌸 – Tobi
- Add these OBEY graphics to 🛒 ASAP – PacSun
- Your *overall* new favorite look 😉 – Free People
For more emoji tips, check out our guide on using emojis in subject lines here.
Subject lines for fashion sales
When sending an email about your current or upcoming sale, you’ll want to give it a subject line that gets customers to pay attention and even create a sense of urgency.
- Yes! Free gifts with purchase – Nordstrom
- FINAL HOURS for Midnight Madness: Up to 80% off! – Men’s Wearhouse
- SALE: 25% OFF – Rent the Runway
- CLEARANCE SPECIALS: Up to 80% OFF. – Jos. A. Bank Clothiers
- ENDS TOMORROW: Can’t-miss deals from $9.90 – Uniqlo
- Up to 70% off —> Picks for brighter days ahead – Gap
- ✨ OUTLET SALE – SAVE UP TO 85% OFF ✨ – Zumiez
- That Swimsuit You Wanted Is On Sale! – Bare Necessities
- ⚡ Mystery Deal Flash Sale! ⚡ – Talbots
- Save $100 now. Buy more, save more. – Brooks Brothers
Mentioning free shipping
If your fashion sale includes free shipping when you’d usually charge for shipping, then you’ll want to mention it in your subject line as well.
- ATTN: Free Shipping – boohoo
- Free shipping farmhouse finds – Jane
- Those cute dresses you’ve been eyeing? They’re 50% off (and ship free!) – LOFT
- A match made in heaven (+ it ships FREE) – Lou & Grey
For more inspiration and ideas check out our collection of free shipping subject lines here.
Examples for new additions
Launching a new clothing collection for a new season or event is a great opportunity to send a newsletter to your email subscribers.
- 160 New Styles Added Online – HUGO BOSS
- Bestseller in a new color – Pendleton
- you’ve never seen CHIC like this – Revolve
- Brighten up your look with Pastel Pack – Adidas
- Fabric of the Season: Linen – Banana Republic
- Perfect Outfits For Any Zoom Meeting! – dressbarn
- Chic style for wherever you go – Nike
- And the color of the season is. . . – Todd Snyder
- Peaceful in Pink Ginger – Knix Wear
- Discover Our New Dream Angels Collection – Victoria’s Secret
- The New In You Need To See – boohoo
- Purple, anyone? – Stadium Goods
Subject lines for changing seasons
The beginning of a new season is obviously an important time in the fashion industry as people change the style of clothes they wear. This also makes it another great opportunity to email your customers.
Winter apparel subject lines
- Fall 2021 Ready-To-Wear Show: From Shanghai, With Love – Dior
- STYLE REMIX. WINTER WRAPS. – Witchery
- The Autumn/Winter 2021 menswear pre-collection – Alexander McQueen
- Our Ultimate Winter Cops ❄️ – Culture Kings
- Get Ready For Winter ❄️ – City Beach
- Winter Is Coming 😱 – Culture Kings
- Shop Our Winter Warm-Up Collection – Original Penguin
- First look – Women’s Fall/Winter 2021 – Acne Studios
- Now’s the perfect time for that new winter look. – Paul Fredrick
- The 7 items on our winter wishlist – Whistles
- Bring Out Your Winter Wardrobe! – Myntra
Spring subject lines
- Spring comfort made easy. – Orvis
- ACT NOW: 30% OFF Spring Essentials (Plus Everything Else!) – US Polo Assn.
- Superstar gets a spring update 😎 – Adidas
- Soft and sultry springtime intimates ✨ – Free People
- Spring Essential: Our Softest Tees – Banana Republic
- Float into spring in swim 🏊♀️ – ModCloth
- Tell me it’s spring without telling me it’s spring – Lululemon
- Spring’s favorite fabric – Frank & Eileen
- The season’s best duo: a dress and sandals – Nordstrom
Summer subject lines
- Yep, they’ll wear this ALLLL summer long! – carter’s
- Add a splash of color with summer new arrivals – Scotch & Soda
- New Collection | Summer is Calling – Lacoste
- Bright, beautiful Summer Blue – Frank & Eileen
- We’re just as ready for summer as you are… – Free People
- Your summer wardrobe made easy – FRAME
- Summer Awaits ☀️ No, You’re Not Dreaming… – boohoo
- Are You Geared Up For Summer? – O’Neill
- make your tan lines worth it this summer – Chubbies
- Transitioning To Summer – Rebecca Taylor
- Summer: Incoming ⛱️ – boohoo
The rest of your fashion email campaigns
You should now hopefully have plenty of subject line inspiration for your fashion newsletters and automations.
For more help with writing subject lines, check out our guide on writing subject lines here which includes tips on aspects like using call to actions, optimal character length, and more.
But there’s obviously more to an email campaign than just its subject line.
If you’re looking for inspiration for the content of your emails as well, check out our collection of fashion email marketing examples here.
We also have a guide to email marketing for fashion stores that takes you through how to set up a high-converting email marketing strategy you might want to check out too.