There are few things as tempting to online shoppers like free shipping. Captivating your audience with enticing free shipping subject lines can be the make or break for your emails.
Not only are shipping costs and minimum order requirements a major frustration when you’re buying online, but as a merchant, they harm your conversion rate as well. Especially when shipping fees are one of the leading causes of shopping cart abandonment.
All of this makes free shipping a powerful marketing tool that you can leverage to increase sales.
While plenty of merchants offer free shipping year-round and write the cost off as a marketing expense, this is simply not an option for many. Instead, they either require customers to purchase a certain amount to qualify for free shipping or they just don’t offer it at all.
For these merchants, free shipping becomes something they can offer for a limited time during shopping events and holidays like Free Shipping Day. Even if it’s just reducing the minimum order requirements, this can become a powerful incentive for customers.
And to make sure your shipping promotion boosts sales, not only do you want to be emailing about it, but you’ll want to highlight your free shipping discount in your subject line.
The importance of subject lines
While the content of your email campaign might seem much more important than the subject line, it’s the subject line that has a bigger impact on getting emails opened.
So much so that, a third of your subscribers base their decision on whether to open an email or not solely on its subject line. Additionally, two-thirds of people mark emails as spam based on subject lines alone.
With so much riding on your email subject line, it’s important to come up with some good ones that’ll boost your open rate.
To that end, below are 50 examples of subject lines mentioning free shipping from actual senders that you can use as inspiration to achieve higher open rates for your email campaign.
Free shipping subject line examples
General, all-purpose subject lines
- Did Someone Say FREE Delivery? – JD Sports
- Holy ship! Pickle gifts ship free! – Mouth
- Just for you: FREE Shipping on your order! – Pajama Jeans
- everything ships FREE – Jayson Home
- Psst… your order ships FREE! – Carter’s
- This weekend, gifts ship free! – Breck’s Gifts
- Get FREE delivery on all orders! – Pei Wei
- LIMITED TIME: 50% Off + Complimentary Shipping – Mugler
- Complimentary shipping, the perfect reason to treat yourself. – Venus et Fleur
- Ready, Set, Holiday with Complimentary Shipping – Oribe
- Reminder: complimentary shipping on all orders – NEST Fragrances
- Don’t Forget Your Free Shipping! – Masseys
- Today, All Orders Ship Free – Willow Tree
Use these subject lines with SmartrMail today!
Install SmartrMail and request a free migration from your current email service provider
Examples with an emoji
Adding an emoji to your subject line is a great way to make it stand out in people’s inboxes.
Popular emojis for subject lines about shipping include a truck (🚚), ship (🚢), box (📦), or even shopping cart (🛒). If you want to add a sense of urgency, you could also include a stopwatch (⏱) or hourglass (⏳) like a few of the examples below.
Of course, you could also just add an emoji to represent what products or services you sell.
- 🚚 📦 (your order ships free) – GAP
- 🛒 SHOP small, SHIP free, SAVE 10% – Breck’s Gifts
- Free Shipping – No Minimum! 🎄 – Northline Express
- ⌛ Final hours for free shipping on custom Easter gifts ⌛ – Ethel M Chocolates
- Gifts Shipped FREE for the Holidays ❤️ – Accuquilt
- LOOK! 👀 ALL orders ship free! Plus 50% off photo gifts – Current Catalog
- 🎁 Great Gifting! It’s Surprise Sale Weekend! Take 13% off + SHIP FREE – Time for Me
- FREE Delivery Until Midnight 🌙 – Hannahs Shoes
- Free Delivery is here 🚘 – Schlotzsky’s
- FREE DELIVERY this weekend with no minimums! 🚘 – Hooters
- 20% Off ends tomorrow, shipping and returns are on us! 🎁 – NHS Fun Factory
- ⏰ 2 days left | 20% off + free shipping & returns! – Melanie Lyne
For more emoji tips and best practices, check out our guide on using emojis in subject lines here.
Subject lines with a sense of urgency
- LAST DAY to Enjoy FREE Shipping | Shop Now – Makari de Suisse
- Time Is (Almost) Out! Last Day for FREE Shipping – West Music
- It’s not too late | – 20% + free shipping & free returns – Laura
- ⏰ Time is running out for FREE DELIVERY! ⏰ – Baker Ross
- Final day for complimentary overnight shipping – Chanel
- Free 2-Day Shipping Ends Tonight, Get Your Gifts In Time – Alo Yoga
- Last Call For Free Overnight Shipping – Mizzen+Main
- FREE Priority Holiday Shipping Deadline is Today! – Buffalo Jackson
- Tomorrow is too late, free shipping ends tonight – Fantastic Furniture
- Free Shipping On All Orders Ends Tomorrow – Unison
Free Shipping Day subject lines
If there’s one day of the year where you’ll want to be emailing about shipping, it’s Free Shipping Day.
- Happy National Free Shipping Day! 🎉 – Blue Sky
- Free Shipping Day! Today Only with Guaranteed Christmas Delivery, No Minimum – Golfballs.com
- FREE Shipping Day is HERE 🎅 🍵 🎄 – The Tea Spot
- Free Shipping Day! – One Day Only – Lenny & Larry’s
- It’s Free Shipping Day! 🚚 – Treehut
- Drop Everything: Free Shipping Day! – Butter London
- FREE SHIPPING Day + 50% Off SITEWIDE💥 – Suzy
- Get Excited…It’s FREE Shipping Day! – Cookies by Design
- It’s Free Shipping Day. Enjoy Free Shipping On All Orders, All Day! – Swimsuits For All
- Time to celebrate, Free Shipping Day is here. – Wolferman’s
- Shipping Is On Us For Free Shipping Day! – Impromptu Gourmet
- FREE Shipping Day starts NOW + 30% off – True Citrus
- It’s an add-to-cart kind of day – Russian Pointe
- Holiday shipping just got cheaper – Big Shoes
- Celebrate National Free Shipping Day for three days! – Really Good Stuff
If you’re looking to send your free shipping email for a particular event or holiday and are looking for even more examples, you should check out our other subject line lists below. Each one contains a section of examples mentioning free shipping.
- Valentine’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Father’s Day
- Mother’s Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Back to School
- Black Friday
- Cyber Monday
Now that we’ve gone through 50 examples of subject lines mentioning free shipping, you’ll hopefully have plenty of inspiration for your own subject lines.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for the content of your email, you might also want to check the email examples in our guide on Free Shipping Day email marketing.