Are you stuck on what to write in your 4th of July emails? Or are you looking for some great quotes and sayings to post on social media?
Whatever the reason behind your search for 4th of July quotes, you’ve come to the right place.
We’ve put together this collection of over 50 quotes and sayings that you can easily use with your marketing copy or however else you want to use them.
We’ve even broken the list down into subsections to help you find the perfect one for your purposes.
4th of July Quotes & Sayings
These are general quotes and saying not necessarily about the 4th of July, but of America more broadly that will suit a variety of purposes and audiences.
- We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls. – Robert J. McCracken
- It will be celebrated with pomp and parade, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other. – John Adams
- With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy? – Oscar Wilde
- The essence of America, that which really unites us, is not ethnicity or nationality or religion. It is an idea, and what an idea it is — that you can come from humble circumstances and do great things. – Condoleezza Rice
- Freedom is one of the deepest and noblest aspirations of the human spirit. – Ronald Reagan
- Everything I have, my career, my success, my family, I owe to America. – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. – Elmer Davis
- America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination. – Harry S. Truman
- No other date on the calendar more potently symbolizes all that our nation stands for than the Fourth of July. – Mac Thornberry
- May we think of freedom not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right. – Peter Marshall
- I’d like to be remembered as a person who wanted to be free and wanted other people to be also free. – Rosa Parks
- What was important wasn’t the fireworks, it was that we were together this evening, together in this place, looking up into the sky at the same time. – Banana Yoshimoto
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! – Maya Angelou
- Diversity is not about how we differ. Diversity is about embracing one another’s uniqueness. – Ola Joseph
- All great change in America begins at the dinner table. – Ronald Reagan
- The Fourth of July should be celebrated with big hearts. – Camila Alves
- Dreams can grow wild born inside an American child. – Phil Vassar
Funny 4th of July quotes
If you’re looking to inject a bit of humor into your marketing or are just looking for some light-hearted quotes that don’t take themselves too seriously, check these ones out.
- The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off. – Gloria Steinem
- It’s Fourth of July weekend, or, as I call it, Exploding Christmas. – Stephen Colbert
- America’s a family. We all yell at each other, and it all works out. – Louis C.K.
- Happy 4th of July! Drink until you see stars… and stripes! – Unknown
- Laughter is America’s most important export. – Walt Disney
- If it’s called Independence Day, how come I have to celebrate it with a group of people? – Unknown
Patriotic 4th of July quotes
The 4th of July is, of course, a very patriotic celebration. So to help match the spirit of the holiday, we’ve collected these patriotic quotes and sayings together.
- I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true. – Wendell L. Wilkie
- I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. – Abraham Lincoln
- We hold our heads high, despite the price we have paid, because freedom is priceless. – Lech Walesa
- Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong. – James Bryce
- I think patriotism is like charity — it begins at home. – Henry James
- We will stand by the right, we will stand by the true, we will live, we will die for the red, white, and blue. – Unknown
- There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America. – William J. Clinton
- I think there are few things more patriotic than taking the time to make your country a better place. – Michael Moore
- America…it is the only place where miracles not only happen, but where they happen all the time. – Thomas Wolfe
- Independence now, and independence forever! – Daniel Webster
- My father described this tall lady who stands in the middle of the New York harbour, holding high a torch to welcome people seeking freedom in America. I instantly fell in love. – Yakov Smirnoff
- You cannot conquer America. – William Pitt
- My patriotic heart beats red, white, and blue. – Unknown
- America without her soldiers would be like God without his angels. – Claudia Pemberton
- I love my freedom. I love my America. – Jessi Lane Adams
- If you follow your dream, you can do anything in America. – Rances Barthelemy
Short quotes & sayings
A lot of the quotes and sayings so far have been fairly long. If you’re tight on space or are just looking for something a bit more short and sweet, these may be what you’re looking for.
- America is a tune. It must be sung together. – Gerald Stanley Lee
- Where liberty dwells, there is my country. – Benjamin Franklin
- Freedom lies in being bold. – Robert Frost
- With freedom comes responsibility. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Give me liberty or give me death! – Patrick Henry
- From every mountainside, let freedom ring. – Martin Luther King Jr.
- America, to me, is freedom. – Willie Nelson
- Dreams are the foundation of America. – Lupita Nyong’o
- America is not just a country, it’s an idea. – Bono
- America is another name for opportunity. – Ralph Waldo
- Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything. – Alexander Hamilton
Inspirational quotes & sayings
Last but not least, we have some more inspirational quotes you can use for your 4th of July marketing.
- The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor, and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly. – John F. Kennedy
- Ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. – John F. Kennedy
- In the face of impossible odds, people who love their country can change it. – Barack Obama
- America is full of success stories featuring victories by the underdog. – Mike Gallagher
- I’m just like my country—I’m young, scrappy, and hungry, and I am not throwing away my shot. – Alexander Hamilton
- Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better. – Albert Camus
The rest of your 4th of July marketing campaigns
Obviously there’s more to running a successful 4th of July campaign than just including a few good quotes or sayings.
To help you out with the rest of your marketing, we also have a comprehensive 4th of July marketing guide that you can check out along with a collection of 4th of July memes you can use in your marketing copy.